Rocktape taping enhances performance by allowing you to move in areas of the body that you are experiencing muscular pain. Rocktape offers functional support so that you are not restricted in any way.
Unlike rigid tape which many people find too stiff and restrictive, Rocktape is stretchy and is quickly becoming the preferred tape used by practitioners and athletes.
Allow Myotherapy Plus in Doncaster, not far from Bulleen, Lower Templestowe and Doncaster East, to apply Rocktape Taping for your exercise and rehab requirements.
Key benefits of using Rocktape:
- Assists to decrease pain
- Assists to reduce swelling
- Allows full range of movement
- Hypoallergenic – no zinc oxide or latex
- Water resistant – can be worn for up to 5 days
How does it work? When applied correctly, Rocktape’s unique elasticity causes the skin to form convolutions and wrinkle. This decompresses the tissue immediately below the skin. It is believed that this has three main effects:
- Fluid effect – improving blood and lymphatic flow in the taped area
- Mechanical effect – improving the slide and glide between tissue layers
- Neurological effect – altering the perception of pain and improving body awareness
Key symptoms that Rocktape might assist:
- Muscle pain or cramping
- Joint pain
- Poor posture
- Inflammation or bruising
Rocktape is used to assist in facilitating injury recovery and prevention. It is a tool that assists Your Healing Therapy to enhance function in patients. Proposed mechanisms include:
- Improving kinesthetic awareness
- Improving postural control
- Modulating muscle activation via increased afferent input
- Altering pain perception through alternate afferent input
- Providing a positional stimulus to correct aberrant movement patterns
Click here for Treatment Rates at Myotherapy Plus.